Become a PADI rescue & specialty diver
PADI EFR & RESCUE COURSE:
- 1 – 2 Weeks
- Must be a certified PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or an equivalent certification from another organization)
- 15yrs or older
- PADI Rescue Diver Touch Manual
- PADI Emergency First Response Manual (First Aid)
- Practical Rescue & EFR Exercises and Scenarios
- PADI Course Registration Fees
- Hire of Full Gear
R 6 690 (EFR & Rescue)
R 4 800 (Rescue Course Only)
OPTIONAL SPECIALTY COURSES:
R 2999 per Specialty
3 or more Courses – 10% discount
The PADI Rescue course expands your knowledge and experience beyond the recreational level and is where you learn to consider the needs of other divers. You will learn to respond to and manage problems and sharpen your observation skills.
A requirement for the PADI Rescue course is the PADI Emergency First Response Course or Equivalent.
Specialty courses are highly recommended for this level training to increase your experience and knowledge. The PADI Deep Diver Specialty, PADI Enriched Air Diver Specialty and our very own PADI Shark Distinctive Specialty are our most popular specialty courses.
The PADI Deep Diver course…..the lure of the deep… There’s something exciting and mysterious about exploring deeper dive sites while scuba diving. This specialty course will enable you to dive with confidence to depths from 18–40m.
The PADI Enriched Air Diver course…also known as “nitrox”, is normal air enriched with oxygen and allows divers to extend their bottom time and reduce nitrogen loading. It is one of the most popular courses and essential in basic diver training .
PADI Shark Distinctive Specialty is where you will get to dive with Ragged Tooth Sharks, observe their behaviour and accurately record their gender, size etc. Sharks are crucial to marine ecosystems, yet sharks are in a global decline. Learn about the value of sharks and what is causing the rapid loss of shark populations.
Other Specialty Courses available include the following: PADI Night Diver Course, PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy, PADI Search & Recovery, PADI Underwater Photography, PADI Underwater Naturalist & more…
What you will learn
The PADI Rescue Diver course prepares you to deal with dive emergencies, minor and major, using a variety of techniques. Through knowledge development and rescue exercises, you learn what to look for and how to respond. During rescue scenarios, you put into practice your knowledge and skills and learn how to apply first aid techniques.
The PADI Rescue Diver Course:
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
The PADI Deep Diver Specialty:
- Equipment considerations for Deep Diving
- Deep dive planning, buddy contact procedures and buoyancy control
- Managing your gas supply, dealing with gas narcosis and safety considerations
The PADI Shark Distinctive Specialty:
- How to observe features to assist in shark identification
- Key roles sharks play in the ecosystems as a whole, habitat use & threats
- Safe diving practice with sharks and rays – diver behaviour, distance & danger assessment